We are a member in good standing with the Commercial Vehicle Training Association (CVTA). The CVTA is an organization committed to providing training programs and a detailed code of conduct that all members must abide by to ensure that enrolled students are provided with the highest quality driver training.
Get information from local schools
We utilize a variety of late model conventional and cab-over tractors, day cabs and sleepers, with single and double axles and various transmissions, as well as different brands of vehicle, so you get an all-around training experience. Learn more about our equipment here…
- Both weighted & empty road trailers, so you get the experience of driving with a load, and taking a truck through scales.
- One truck per two students whenever possible.
- Training on Class A Vehicles, Class B Vehicles with Air Brakes and Passenger Vehicles-Bus.
- Training is done in a real trucking terminal as well as on our parking lot, which is among the biggest of such lots in the Chicago-land area
- On-the-road training occurs on public streets and highways, not on a closed track, so you get real-life experience.
Truck Driving, Transportation, and Mechanics
Our tractor-trailer driving programs are a combination of classroom instruction and hands-on training. These programs familiarize you with tractor-trailer systems and components. You will learn to conduct an efficient pre-trip inspection in accordance with CDL requirements and become proficient in troubleshooting minor mechanical problems. Students are also taught to couple/uncouple a tractor-trailer and develop the backing skills necessary to pass the Commercial Driver’s License test. The focus of these courses is on the safe and proper handling of semi tractor-trailers, both in restricted areas and on public streets and highways. Students are exposed to many different driving situations, such as two-lane roads and highways.
Available at these locations