- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
- Licensed by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles
- Approved by the New York State Education Department for the training of veterans
- Career Training I course certified by Professional Truck Driver Institute
- Approved by the National Safety Council for Defensive Driver Training Courses
- Member Commercial Vehicle Training Association
- Member Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance
- Member New York State Motor Truck Association
Get Information From Local Schools!
Commercial Driver Training
I'm writing to express my sincere gratitude and thanks to the staff at CDT. I completed your straight truck and bus course combined training program and was well prepared for my CDL. Great staff and I passed the exam on my first attempt. -Commercial Driver Training Alumni
For over 50 years Commercial Driver Training has been providing training to all sectors and career levels in the trucking industry. They offer accredited, vocational and other courses to get your career on the road. Their mission is to fill the trucking industry's needs with well-trained drivers. Programs include hazmat, forklift certification, CDL-A refresher classes, and logbook.
Truck Driving, Transportation, and Mechanics
CDT’s facilities consist of approximately 2,700 square feet of offices, lounges, and classroom areas. The school utilizes a two-acre training field for the student’s skill maneuvering and off-road exercises. The school also offers a wide variety of equipment to train on. We have diesel tractors, single axle and full screw, transmissions that range from 6 to 10 speed road ranges, loaded and unloaded trailers, buses and straight trucks. By using this variety of equipment, it better prepares an individual for a swift transition into the trucking industry.
- You must be at least 21 years of age (Exception: 18 years old for Class B Intrastate)
- You must be able to obtain the proper learner’s permit through the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- You must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) Physical exam.
- All applicants must be reviewed by the School Director and can be accepted or rejected at his discretion.
Available at these locations