Connect now with local schools
Pima Medical Institute
San Antonio, TX
Certificate - Dental AssistantMedicine and Health Care
A dental assistant assists the dentist with examinations and treatments. The duties of a dental assistant are comprehensive and include assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures, helping patients feel comfortable and easing anxieties, and teaching patients the skills needed to maintain and improve oral health.
Certificate - Medical AssistantMedicine and Health Care
A medical assistant supports the work of the physician, by working directly with the healthcare team and patient. Medical assistants work side-by-side with doctors, nurses and others on the healthcare team, treating patients from newborns to senior citizens. They demonstrate a blend of varied skills including administrative, technical, communication and interpersonal abilities.
Certificate - Pharmacy TechnicianMedicine and Health Care
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and providing medications to people. They also assist in providing other healthcare products and perform various other duties that a pharmacist may need help with. The pharmacy technician’s skills and responsibilities enable them to improve patient experiences and ensure optimal efficiency in a pharmacy setting.
Pharmacy technicians are the liaisons between medical professionals, doctors, pharmacists, insurance companies and patients. They’re crucial in pharmacy settings because they have the knowledge needed to work with patients regarding their medications while also performing administrative tasks when needed. Their job involves:
- Mixing intravenous solutions
- Counting tablets and labeling bottles
- Receiving electronic prescriptions from medical offices
- Handling computer order entry of prescriptions
- Receiving written prescriptions and requests for patient refills
- Verifying complete and accurate prescriptions
- Taking inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Completing patient purchase transactions using point-of-sale systems