Beckfield College is a career focused educational institution with a campus in Florence, Kentucky which is institutionally accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools to award baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees and diplomas. The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools is listed as a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Get Information From Local Schools!
Beckfield College is a degree granting institution of higher learning dedicated to preparing learners for relevant professional, technical and business careers in a diverse, ethical, student-centered environment.
Beckfield College is a career college accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) that has, since 1984, been evolving to meet the educational needs of our learners while meeting the demands of the community and area businesses.
Beckfield College is focused on, and dedicated to, a personalized teaching and learning environment designed to support the personal and professional career development of quality students. Instructors bring years of real-world, practical experience and education into the classrooms to enhance the students’ education.
Beckfield College offers a variety of Bachelor’s Degree, Associate Degree, and Diploma programs.
Cosmetology and Wellness
Begin a career in healthcare improving the quality of life for others. Massage therapists work with their clients to relieve pain, improve circulation, relieve stress, and increase relaxation. Massage Therapy is a career with many opportunities, including healthcare facilities, spas, or even self-employment.
Massage Therapists work with clients in a variety of settings to help relieve pain and achieve holistic wellness. As a Licensed Massage Therapist, your methods and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using client intake information to assess client conditions and develop safe and effective massage treatment plans.
- Implementing treatment plans by applying appropriate massage techniques to the soft tissues of the body.
- Massage therapists help relieve pain, help with injury rehabilitation, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in general wellness.
12 Month Program (Diploma)
Our new 9-month diploma program in Medical Billing and Coding Administration program is designed to get you into the workforce faster.
Medical Billing and Coding professionals organize and manage health information data to ensure information maintains its quality, accuracy, accessibility and security in both paper files and electronic systems. Upon successful completion of our program, you will be able to:
- Apply information technology to complete tasks such as office scheduling, medical billing and payment entry, insurance reimbursement and records management
- Perform diagnostic and analytical assessment of patient chart
- Perform procedure coding using government classification system, and specialized procedures used in billing and insurance processing in a variety of healthcare settings
9 Month Program
Medicine and Health Care
A medical assistant is a great career choice if you are passionate about helping people and have strong attention to detail. As a medical assistant, you will have the opportunity to work with patients daily. You will also be able to support medical professionals, providing them with valuable assistance in helping patients seek wellness.
Medical assistants play an integral role in any healthcare team as they work alongside and support doctors, nurses and other medical professionals. Medical assistants are usually the first people to see the patients so having a helpful and eager personality will be critical for success in this career.
Job duties of a medical assistant often include, but are not limited to:
- Recording patient history and personal information
- Taking and measuring vital signs such as blood pressure, temperature, weight and pulse
- Performing routine lab duties such as drawing blood
- Supporting physician during exams
- Scheduling appointments and following-up with patients
- Entering medical information into patients’ records
- Upholding patient confidentiality and HIPPA rights
12 Month Program (Diploma)