Connect now with local schools!
ASPIRA City College
Online or On-Campus
Established in 1974, non-profit ASPIRA City College provides workforce-driven education for Allied Health and Information Technology (IT) careers. The College offers 18-month Computer Support Specialist and Web Design programs leading to an Associate in Specialized Technology (AST)Degree and an 8-month diploma program for aspiring Medical Secretaries. Students choose to attend on-campus in Philadelphia or online from the comfort of home in ASPIRA’s dynamic live, instructor-led classes. Our online programs allow even the busiest adult students to manage, with one easy-to-schedule 4-hour block of in-class time each week.
ASPIRA City College is licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). It is approved for training by the Pennsylvania State Approving Agency, Division of Veteran and Military Affairs (VA) for veterans’ education benefits through the GI Bill® and the Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR), and financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Whether you attend on-campus in Philadelphia or prefer to learn on online classes, ASPIRA City College can jumpstart your way to a better future with accredited, affordable, accessible, and accelerated career training.
- Affordable Tuition
- Financial Aid, If Qualified
- Small Classes for Maximum 1:1 Attention
- Industry-Driven, Relevant Curriculum
- No Liberal Arts Content Accelerates Completion
- Bright Outlook Careers
- Apply Online for Admissions & Financial Aid
- Career Placement Assistance
- Attend Online or On-Campus
- Live, Instructor-Led Online Class
- Block Class Schedule Options for Easy Planning
- 24/7 Access to Extensive Online Library
- Work Experience Gained on Supervised Externship
- Virtual & Campus-Based Student Services
- Eligibility for 3rd party industry certification
- Get a New Laptop Computer & MS Software
O*NET is a program within the US Department of Labor that serves as the nation’s number one source for occupational information; It defines “Bright Outlook” occupations as those expected to grow rapidly in the US in the next several years or will have large numbers of job openings characterized by at least one of the following criteria: Projected to grow faster than average (employment increase of 7% or more) over the period 2018-2028; Projected to have 100,000 or more job openings over the period 2018-2028. The GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official US government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
GET STARTED NOW - YOUR FUTURE SELF WILL THANK YOU
Classes are starting soon. Learn more about getting started in our Web Design, Medical Secretary, or Computer Support Specialist Program, each designed for a winning future. Better yet, take the first step by requesting more info today. You’ll get all the facts you need and the positive experience you deserve.
- Accredited by: Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, ACCSC
- Authorized - A CompTIA Academy
- Authorized - Testing Site for the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- Authorized - Testing Center for the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA)
- Member - National Technical Honor Society (NTHS)
- Member - Pennsylvania Association of Private School Administrators (PAPSA)
- Authorized By - PA Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA)
- Authorized By - Direct Student Loan Program (DL)
- Authorized By - Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Authorized By - Authorized by Federal Pell Grant Program (FPGP)
- Authorized By - Federal Work-Study Program (FWS)
- Authorized By - Office of Vocation Rehabilitation (OVR)
- Authorized By - PA Department of Education for Training Veterans (VA)
- Authorized By - Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Authorized By - Trade Adjustment Act (FTA)
Medicine and Health Care
Are you looking to work in a medical environment with people and computers? As a Medical Secretary, you can work everywhere healthcare services are provided. That includes the offices of physicians, medical specialists, hospitals, nursing homes, and more. Medical Secretaries manage the vitally important administrative side of medical service delivery to keep everything running smoothly. In addition to the organizational strength they bring to providers, they are the public face of their employers and are called upon to be efficient and display patience and compassion, even under pressure. Ample growth is expected in this career, making work as a Medical Secretary an excellent path for a brighter future. And while there is no universally required formal training, most healthcare employers prefer to hire candidates who have prepared by completing post-secondary Medical Secretary education.
At ASPIRA, you can start your journey with no prior experience and graduate with essential skills in ICD-10 medical billing and insurance coding, electronic health care records, and so much more. Plus, for an added edge, ASPIRA City College graduates are eligible to sit for the following American Medical Certification Association credential exams.
- Electronic Health Record Certification (EHRC)
- Billing and Coding Specialist Certification (MAAC)
- Medical Administrative Assistant Specialist Certification (BCSC)
Computer, Information, and Technology
Graduate with an AST degree from our Computer Support Specialist Program, eligible for CompTIA Certification, and ready to take your place in information technology (IT) as everyone’s tech hero. Computer Support Specialists combine computer technology, problem-solving, and customer service skills to help individuals and organizations overcome technical challenges and stay productive. They give advice and technical assistance in person, phone, or electronically by remote access, some even working from home.
Our Computer Support Grads Can:
- Troubleshoot computer problems & walk users through corrective sequences
- Install applications, routers, computer hardware, structured cables, operating systems, & software
- Configure networks, including MS & Linux operating systems
- Determine hardware, software, automation, and workflow needs for product recommendations
- Repair hardware, microcomputers (IBM compatibles), & peripheral devices
- Recommend changes, upgrades, & customization
- Develop & implement user training programs
Design, Arts, and Architecture
Our Associate in Specialized Technology (AST) degree Web Design Program emphasizes the practical skills and knowledge needed for career entry. We start our web design students on the basics advance step-by-step to graduate with the skills and confidence to thrive in the field.
Our Web Design Students Gain the Skills to Create, Edit, and Publish Web Pages
- P.C. Technology
- Programming Languages
- Web Authorizing Tools
- Designing Graphics for the Web
- Web Services and Solutions
- Selecting and Using Design Tools and Applications
- Internet Programming
- Digital Animation
- Multi-Media Creation
- Select and Use Programming Languages
- Develop Digital Media Content Development
- Digital Gaming
- Client-Side Scripting
- Edit and Use Image, Graphic, and Audio Files