This article contains a list of high-paying jobs that you can prepare for at a local trade school or tech college. These associate degree or diploma programs normally take about 2 years to complete, but some are shorter, and some may take up to 4 years.
High-Paying Skilled Trade & Tech Jobs
There are quite a few different types of trade school or technical college programs that can lead to high-paying jobs, with salaries close to or over $30.00 per hour. You'll find the jobs in medical, information technology, skilled trades, and construction on this list. The salaries noted are the averages for that field. Very experienced individuals can make more than noted here, while entry level positions will pay less.
Over $30 Per Hour On Average
You can find the following types of programs at local trade schools and technical colleges.
- Aircraft Mechanic – $63,060 per year or $30.32 per hour on average to repair and maintain airplanes, jets, helicopters, and any other machine that flies. Find an aircraft maintenance program, or learn more about becoming an aircraft mechanic.
- Construction Manager – $103,110 per year or $49.57 per hour on average to oversee all aspects of commercial and residential construction projects. Find a construction manager program, or learn more about what a construction manager does.
- Dental Hygienist – $74,820 per year or $35.97 per hour on average to perform dental cleanings, take x-rays, file patient records, prepare diagnostic tests, and more. Find a dental hygiene program now, or learn more about becoming a dental hygienist.
- Electrical Technician – $64,330 per year or $30.93 per hour on average to update, repair, or install electrical and electronic equipment on construction sites, in residential settings, factories, and other industrial locations. Find an electrical technology program now, or learn more about becoming an electrical tech.
- Healthcare Administrator – $99,730 per year or $47.95 per hour on average to plan, direct, coordinate, and supervise the delivery of healthcare to patients. Find a healthcare administration program, or learn more about what a healthcare administrator does.
- Police & Detectives – $63,380 per year or $30.47 per hour on average to protect and serve. Learn more about becoming a police officer.
- Registered Nurse – $75,510 per year or $36.30 per hour on average to assess, record information, and treat patients in a variety of healthcare settings. Find a RN program now, or learn more about becoming a registered nurse.
Close To $30 Per Hour On Average
These jobs were close enough to $30.00 per hour to include in this article. After gaining experience, individuals working in these fields will make more than $30/hr, but entry level and median level workers generally do not.
- Dietitian – $60,370 per year or $29.02 per hour on average to educate people on what is and isn’t healthy for their individual lifestyle or health condition. Find a dietitian program now, or learn a little more about what a dietitian does.
- Electrician – $55,190 per year or $26.53 per hour on average to install electrical wiring in new homes and businesses or figure out electrical issues in existing structures and fix them to local code. Find an electrician training program now.
- Wind Energy Technician – $54,370 per year or $26.14 per hour on average to install, maintain, and repair wind turbines. Learn more about what a wind turbine technician does.
Average salaries taken form the official BLS website with 2018 data. For updated statistics on careers, visit bls.gov.
Find a local trade school or college now.