Get information from local schools
The Refrigeration School
Refrigeration Technologies & HVACR TrainingBuilding Systems, Construction, and Manufacturing
This short 6-10 month Refrigeration Technologies program trains and prepares students for entry as service and maintenance technicians in jobs that utilize technologies employed in the fields of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R). Courses focus on the fundamentals of comfort systems and refrigeration. Climate control and refrigeration is almost everywhere, and trained installation, service and maintenance technicians can get their start in the Refrigeration Technologies program at RSI.
Refrigeration Technologies Program at RSI Offers:
- Has day and evening classes available
- Has a Career Services Department to help you transition from training to a career
- Hands on HVAC/R training
- Faculty and staff who care
- Incorporates real world training with hands-on curriculum
- Has services available to assist eligible military members and dependents access benefits Career Options
HVAC Career Options:HVAC/R Service Technician
- HVAC/R Installation Technician
- Refrigeration Service Technician
- Refrigeration Installation Technician
- Low-Temperature Field Technician
- Restaurant & Retail Refrigeration Technician
- Commercial Refrigeration Technician
Electrical TechnologiesBuilding Systems, Construction, and Manufacturing
The objective of this 3-5 month* program is to train and prepare students for entry as new construction and maintenance electricians. Students learn to install and maintain electrical equipment for residential and commercial structures as well as read blueprints and create job estimates. Upon successful completion of the course, the student should have an understanding of electrical principles, the National Electric Code (NEC) and how these apply to common buildings and facilities. A student will also have practical exposure to installation techniques, diagnostics, service and repair of electrical systems.
Electrical Technologies Program at RSI:
- Day and evening classes available
- Offers program completion in just 3-5 months*
- Incorporates real-world training with hands-on curriculum
- Includes training in the National Electric Code (NEC)
Electrician Career Options:
*Length pertains to graduating in normal time
- Maintenance Electrician
- New Construction Electrician
- Power Plant Field Technician
Welding SpecialistBuilding Systems, Construction, and Manufacturing
The Welding Specialist program prepares a graduate for entry level positions in structural, pipe and pipeline, and thin alloy welding. Key welding processes include SMAW (stick), GMAW/FCAW (MIG/Fluxcore), and GTAW (TIG) welding procedures. Students learn welding safety, torch cutting processes, proper arc welding equipment setup, important welding control techniques, fundamental welding processes, and basic welding metallurgy. This intense program is primarily lab based and focuses on developing critical welding skills. Upon successful completion of this program, the graduate will receive a diploma and should possess the skills and knowledge to test for welder certification through the American Welding Society (AWS).
Electrical ApplicationsBuilding Systems, Construction, and Manufacturing
The Electrical Applications program at RSI trains students in the fundamentals of the following:
- Mechanical and electrical principles
- Residential and commercial wiring applications
- Voice, video and data cabling systems
- The application on motors, lighting, devices and various types of transformers
Students will receive a Diploma after successfully completing this program.
In as little as 7 months, you’ll be trained with the skills necessary to enter the electrical industry as an electrician. Here are some of the career opportunities that await you:
- Residential Electrician
- Commercial Electrician
- Industrial Electrician
- Solar Panel Installer
- Maintenance Electrician
The Refrigeration School is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges.
Accredited School, ACCSC. Licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Post Secondary Education. The AOS/MME program is the Associate of Occupational Studies in Mechanical Maintenance Engineering degree program and is not an academic degree. GI Bill® Eligible (check with local campus for specific eligibility). For more information about our programs, please visit our website at: https://www.rsi.edu/about-rsi/regulatory-information/.