Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, specialist, and doctoral levels. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Keiser University.
Get information from local schools
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Culinary ArtsCulinary Arts, Food Service, and Nutrition
The Associate of Science degree in Culinary Arts presents a comprehensive curriculum that includes laboratory sessions, academic preparation and hands-on experience. Students acquire professional knowledge of food, its preparation and handling and cooking from basic to advanced. The curriculum includes an externship to prepare students for entry-level positions in the foodservice industry.
The following goals are designed to meet Keiser University’s mission:
- To provide students with skills needed for cooking wholesome, attractive, food preparations
- To create an environment that nurtures the ability to become successful in the food service industry
- To prepare students for entry-level employment in the food foodservice industry
Associate of Arts in Criminal JusticeLegal, Law Enforcement, and Emergency Services
Keiser University’s Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice presents the major components of the American criminal justice system. It includes criminal behavior patterns, law enforcement organizations, juvenile systems, legal principles and doctrines and fundamentals of criminal investigations. Courses utilize hands-on activities.
The following objectives are designed to meet Keiser University’s mission and its objectives:
- To develop students’ understanding of the American criminal justice system.
- To present students with an in-depth review of institutions, laws, theories and the players that make up the system.
- To assist graduates in obtaining entry-level criminal justice positions.
- To prepared students for employment or advancement in criminal justice related fields.
Associate of Science in Medical Adminstrative Billing and CodingMedical Administration
Medical Billing and Coding professionals play an essential role in the health care industry. If you are interested in a health care career and would prefer not to work directly with patients, Keiser University can help with our Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding.
Degree Levels Available: Associate of Science
Associate of Science in Medical AssistingMedicine and Health Care
Keiser University’s Associate of Science degree in Medical Assisting Science prepares students to perform various clinical duties including taking patient histories, measuring vital signs, assisting physicians with examinations, giving injections as directed by the physician, venipuncture, performing CLIA waived laboratory tests, and performing electrocardiograms (ECG).
In addition, students will learn clerical and administrative tasks such as scheduling appointments, maintaining patient records, and preparing insurance claims.
The following objectives are designed to meet Keiser University’s mission and its goals:
- Develop a student’s ability to perform various clinical, clerical, & administrative duties;
- Prepare students with the professional skills needed for employment in Medical Assisting;
- Prepare students to take the Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) credentialing examination given by American Medical Technologists (AMT).
Any Certificate or Diploma program that KU offers now or in the future are considered Gainful Employment Programs. While the non-profit status exempts them for disclosures related to Associates, Bachelors, Masters and PhD programs, any Certificate or Diploma programs are captured by the gainful employment rule.