- Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges
- Licensed by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles
- Approved by the New York State Education Department for the training of veterans
- Career Training I course certified by Professional Truck Driver Institute
- Approved by the National Safety Council for Defensive Driver Training Courses
- Member Commercial Vehicle Training Association
- Member Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance
- Member New York State Motor Truck Association
Connect now with local schools
Commercial Driver Training
West Babylon, NY
Class-A CDL TrainingTruck Driving, Transportation, and Mechanics
CDT’s facilities consist of approximately 2,700 square feet of offices, lounges, and classroom areas. The school utilizes a two-acre training field for the student’s skill maneuvering and off-road exercises. The school also offers a wide variety of equipment to train on. We have diesel tractors, single axle and full screw, transmissions that range from 6 to 10 speed road ranges, loaded and unloaded trailers, buses and straight trucks. By using this variety of equipment, it better prepares an individual for a swift transition into the trucking industry.
- You must be at least 21 years of age (Exception: 18 years old for Class B Intrastate)
- You must be able to obtain the proper learner’s permit through the Department of Motor Vehicles.
- You must be able to pass a DOT (Department of Transportation) Physical exam.
- All applicants must be reviewed by the School Director and can be accepted or rejected at his discretion.