For more information, visit University of North Dakota.
Connect now with local schools
University of North Dakota
Saint Paul, MN
HistotechnologyMedicine and Health Care
HTs frequently work under pressure to deliver results while a patient is in surgery. They work with fragile, delicate tissue specimens, laboratory instruments, knives, chemicals, and glass slides. A HT must value precision and be comfortable working with equipment and test processes that require careful monitoring. Traits of a successful HT include: hand eye coordination, a positive attitude, organizational skills, the ability to solve problems, and college-level knowledge in sciences.
Medical Laboratory ScienceMedicine and Health Care
Medical laboratory scientists, sometimes referred to as clinical laboratory scientists or medical technologists, are key members of the health care team. They are concerned with the study and practice of diagnostic medicine by generating accurate and reliable test results in chemistry, hematology, immunology, immunohematology, and microbiology. The results provide valuable information that is used to diagnose and treat disease.
The UND MLS program offers on-campus and online options for students who have educational training as a Medical/Clinical Laboratory Technician (MLT/CLT) who are interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science. The MLT-to BS in MLS online program allows experienced working professionals to complete degree requirements while remaining in their current position. The online MLT program does not required an on-campus component. Our MLT program advisor, Paul Samson, works with each student individually to create an unique program of study that is built around each student's needs.
The University of North Dakota (UND) College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines offers the online RN to BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) degree program for Registered Nurses (RNs) who want to advance their careers by expanding on prior education, knowledge and experience.
The online RN to BSN degree program provides RNs with advanced knowledge in concepts, theories and principles related to nursing roles.
CommunicationBusiness, Marketing, and Communication
The online Communication degree will help you to understand:
- how language and communication processes create diverse communities
- the role of community in how individuals see the world and how others see them
- the interactions of individuals, organizations, groups, social movements and public officials
- how to ethically analyze and address communication problems and opportunities for individuals and groups.the ways humans acquire, produce and share knowledge about the world
- the role of interpretation in how humans respond to messages
- how to create and edit socially responsible oral, written and visual communication
- how to use communication technologies ethically in conventional, as well as imaginative, ways
General StudiesLiberal Arts, Humanities, and Literature
The Bachelor of General Studies focuses on your intellectual growth through study in the liberal arts:
- Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Social Sciences
- Fine Arts
PsychologyLiberal Arts, Humanities, and Literature
Psychology is an area of social science study which contributes to the understanding of behavior and requires the development of cognitive and analytical skills which are valuable to you—whatever you do in life.
Engineering (Various Programs)Math, Engineering, and Physical Sciences
Chemical Engineering - As a graduate of the online program, you will:
- understand the role of chemical engineers in addressing societal issues
- be qualified to practice the profession of chemical engineering in a broad spectrum of industries
- have the knowledge and skills required to analyze and solve problems related to chemical engineering
- be able to communicate the results of your work in verbal and written form to diverse audiences
- gain a thorough grounding in general education and engineering fundamentals so you can pursue advanced degrees in chemical engineering or other professional interests such as medicine, business or law
Civil Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Petroleum Engineering
- UND's distance engineering delivery prepares you for the responsible practice of professional engineering and provides you with the necessary skills to advance your civil engineering or electrical engineering career. You will receive a well-rounded education that emphasizes creativity, critical thinking and communication skills.