ECPI University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
Connect now with local schools
Virginia Beach, VA
A.S. - Dental AssistingMedicine and Health Care
Medical Careers Institute’s program provides students with a strong foundation in the fundamental areas of dental assisting including:
- Radiographic procedures
- Clinical procedures
- Administrative procedures
Dental Assistant duties typically involve:
- Preparing patients for examinations
- Patient interviews and charting histories
- Taking vital signs
- Assisting with laboratory procedures and minor surgeries
- Dealing with insurance companies
- Billing and record keeping
Included in this instruction is an externship so that the Dental Assistant student can experience a real world environment firsthand.
A.S. - Medical AssistingMedicine and Health Care
Medical Careers Institute’s “hands-on” learning environment allows students to gain “real world” experience in the classroom, and then apply it through externship experiences in a variety of settings. Through this program, you can learn how to:
- Conduct patient interviews and take medical histories
- Check vital signs
- Prepare patients for examination
- Assist with surgical procedures
- Collect specimens
- Perform various laboratory tests and EKGs
- Review and process payments
- Prepare billing statements
- Schedule appointments
- Clinical Procedures
- Computer Applications
A.D.N. - Nursing (ADN)Nursing
Medical Careers Institute’s (MCI) goal is to equip students with the most current knowledge and skills needed to meet the prevention, health maintenance, health promotion, and restorative needs of the patient.
MCI’s skills-based laboratory environment provides students with a realistic setting in which to learn both the art and science of nursing with a focus on the application of theory to clinical practice. Core areas of instruction include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Acute Care
- Medical/Surgical Nursing
- Maternal/Newborn Nursing
After earning their degree, graduates are then qualified to take the RN-NCLEX exam through the State Board of Nursing. A student who passes the exam is then licensed to practice as a registered nurse.
Diploma - Practical NursingNursing
The Practical Nursing program is designed to provide with the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for developing effective communication, critical thinking, clinical reasoning and teamwork/collaboration skills which will prepare the graduate to care for individuals, families and communities as an entry level practical nurse in a variety of healthcare settings.
The Practical Nursing program prepares the student to become a valuable member of a healthcare team, working under the supervision of an advanced practice registered nurse, registered nurse, licensed physician, licensed dentist, or other practitioner.
Cyber and Network SecurityComputer, Information, and Technology
Living in the age of data means embracing the interconnectedness that allows us to communicate and collaborate in an infinite number of ways. Data can mean a wealth of information and insight at our fingertips, but it can also be detrimental in the wrong hands. With progressively more information traveling over the wires and with increasing threats internationally with cyber terrorism, the need to defend and protect an organization’s assets is critically important.
Do you want to stop cyber-crime before it starts? If preventing, detecting, and battling digital crime is important to you, a career in cyber security may be the perfect fit, and a Computer and Information Science degree with a major in Cyber and Network Security could be a great way to start! As a cybersecurity specialist, you could be on the front lines of cyber warfare and defense, protecting vital computer systems against inside and outside threats alike, including social engineering, hackers, malware, spyware, and viruses.
A.S. - Network SecurityComputer, Information, and Technology
At ECPI University, your classroom experience is reinforced with hands-on instruction, using the same kind of technology found in the workplace. Build secure networks in Windows, Cisco, and Linux environments, and implement network security plans to keep hackers at bay and networks secure. Specifically, ECPI’s cyber and network security degree program could teach you how to:
- Create and manage user/group accounts and configure network routers
- Assist in development and implementation of policies for disaster recovery and network security design
- Assist customers in day-to-day network operations and troubleshooting
- Administer, monitor, and manage networks
- Participate in software installations, network upgrades, and end-user training
- Maintain network & security hardware and software
ECPI’s associate’s degree in Computer & Information Science with a concentration in Cyber and Network Security curriculum aims to prepare graduates to sit for IT certification exams related to CompTIA, Cisco Systems, and Microsoft.
A.S. - Electronics Engineering TechnologyMath, Engineering, and Physical Sciences
At ECPI University, you learn from seasoned professionals, faculty members who possess academic credentials supported by real-world experience. Classrooms and labs are outfitted with industry equipment, and curriculum is designed with input from industry professionals. They help faculty members develop programs designed to produce graduates who fulfill the needs of today’s employers. The program has a history of successful graduates and encourages students to seek certifications and internships to enhance a graduates marketability in the workforce. ECPI’s Electronics Engineering Technology program can help you learn how to:
Targeted coursework includes:
- Use testing and measuring instruments to acquire data, analyze problems, and design a system or process.
- Identify, analyze and solve technical problems.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage engineering technology projects.
- Analyze and implement systems containing hardware and software components.
- Analog and Digital Electronics and Communications
- Data Acquisition and Control Systems
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Computer Programming and Networks
The curriculum provides graduates with the education and experience needed for employment in a variety of industries including:
- Telecommunications Industry
- Computer Industry
- Homeland Security
- Aerospace Industry
- Automation and Manufacturing
For disclosure information, visit https://www.ecpi.edu/student-consumer-services